Notice of Confidentiality Practices
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the ways CieloStar as a business associate of health plans collects, uses, and protects your personal health information. The information in this notice also applies to others covered under your health plan, such as your spouse or children. Please read it carefully. If you do not understand the terms of this notice please ask for a further explanation.
CieloStar is committed to protecting the privacy of your health information. CieloStar considers maintaining the confidentiality of members' personal information important to our mission of providing benefit, enrollment, and reinsurance services.
Collection and Uses of Confidential or Personal Health Information
CieloStar collects various types of confidential information to provide on - line access to your enrollment and benefit plan information. Included are:
- Information received from your employer for transmittal to benefit vendors or calculation of benefit premiums(name, social security number, address, salary, eligibility dates, etc.).
- Information received directly from you(benefit elections, dependent names and birth dates, coordination of benefits information).
- Information received from vendors(coverage approvals, eligibility rosters, etc.).
- Medical and dependent care claim information for the purpose of determining eligibility of section 125 and HRA reimbursement requests
This information maybe used in the following manner:
- Provided in the WebOne benefit enrollment system for the use of authorized Human Resources personnel at your employer.
- Transmitted to benefit providers and vendors as needed to maintain accurate and timely benefit eligibility records.
- Employer accessible reports.
- Exhibited for your use inr eviewing enrollment information for yourself, your spouse, and any covered children in the WebOne on-line enrollment tool.
- Section125 or HRA plan claim administration
- COBRA administration
CieloStar protects your personal health information by maintaining appropriate procedural and electronic safeguards including:
- Password protection of the WebOne on-line enrollment tool and administrative systems.
- Encryption of transmitted data.
Your rights regarding use and disclosure of information
- You have the right to inspect and copy your protected health information.
- You have the right to amend incorrect or incomplete information.
For questions regarding your rights under the HIPAA privacy act or to request access to your records contact your employer sponsored health plan.